Thursday, May 27, 2010

Im not graduating but if I was this would be my speech

Though it has only taken a few short years to get to this night, we all have many more years ahead of us. Some destined to be nurses, or teachers, some heading off for the army in but a few short weeks, we the graduating class of 2012 will all do great things. All of us have made mistakes, but we made it. Whether it took 13, 14, or even 15 years...we made it. But, to make it here we had help. I can not list all the people that have helped me or we'd be here for a few days so I have chosen the ones that stand out the most to me.

The very first people I would like to thank are my amazing, awesome, gorgeous friends. They have helped me through everything. Being in a new school, helping me with debate, and most of all just their true loving concern for me.

Danielle, I want to thank you for showing me I'm not alone and never will be. Thank you for showing me it is possible and I can accomplish great things, if I have the right people by my side to help me. You have shown me not to be afraid of who I am and who I want to be.

Now little Cameron, only 4yrs old, I want to thank you. For all those nights when you wanted to sleep with me, for all the kisses you refused to give, I want to thank you for just being you. All the little things you do make me feel important. So to my little brother I say proudly with a smile on my face Thank You.

My best friend, my sister, my everything...I told you I will do anything to get you to your graduation night. I think that was wrong. You did everything to get me where I am right now. You accepted my stupidity and loved me anyway. You were always there when I needed you. I can't count the number of times you called me a big baby because I was crying in your arms. You will never know the effect your love had on me these last few year but that's ok, I know what it did for me and that's why I'm saying thank you.

High school has been the worst and best time of my life. You ask how can it be both? I don't know, but it was. As I look back on my junior high years I didn't know what to do with my life now only 4 years later I have my CNA and I've started my career. I reflect upon the hardest parts of my life right now and what sticks out to me is saying goodbye to 10th grade. With the school closing and moving to another campus many people would be switching schools and I knew some of those people that had helped me get that far I would never see again, but we kept in contact.

I would like to close by thanking all of my teachers, princiPALs, and school staff that have ever had any part in my life. whether it be a math teacher(you guys had the easy job), an English teacher(umm if your an English teacher your probably trying to fix my speech as I'm reading it but thanks anyway), O and I can't forget my favorite princiPAL around Mr.Oliver. And I thank you all for listening to me tonight. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment